Today has been a lot of fun; we cleared up a pile of saplings from the front yard that had been cut down because they were shading the solar panels. My partner had a rare day off, so I made him cut up the whole pile of saplings with his handy chainsaw.
The saplings became my next Hugelkultur bed.
In the process of cleaning up the saplings I decided to use an old half tank as a Hugelkultur bed too.
Then my sister rang and offered me some good red soil from her holiday home (just up the road) so off we went to pick it up.
|Red soil from my sister.|
Tomorrow’s adventure is to get all that lovely soil into the stage two bed and mulch it over.
I really need to get some seeds and seedlings soon!
I am really enjoying this process.